Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Kingswood Cottage and book online
|Book through New Forest website||MAR
nights is 2
Availability updated on 24 Mar 17 at 18:08
Peaceful, picturesque cottage set in parklike grounds. Very quiet location opposite forest, pretty rooms, award winning breakfasts with local produce where possible. Home made preserves.Walking distance pub and station.Free pick up from Ashurst, New Forest station. Easy drive Lyndhurst, Beaulieu, Exbury. Professional singles welcome - special rates Mon-Fri.
Children welcome from age 10.
Pinner, United Kingdom
15 December 2016
“Very pleasant ”
Lovely setting - Christine is very welcoming and friendly, a great host. Arriving and settling in was quick and simple. We didn't have too much time to relax the first evening as we were off to a wedding reception. We have a very comforting stay over and awoke to very peaceful surroundings the next morning. Christine greeted us with a lovely breakfast and was then kind enough to sit and talk about the history of the New Forest and give us some pointers as to where to spend a day, complete with a map.
I would like to spend more time in this part of the world and I would look to stay here again for a few days as it's in a good location - close enough to amenities but you feel extremely hidden away.
A lovely getaway
Reply from Kingswood Cottage at 15 Dec 2016
Dear Mike, thank you for your lovely review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again another time.Regards Christine
SU 333105 50.89303 -1.52789
By rail: From London Waterloo on South West Trains via Southampton to Ashurst - The New Forest. From the station exit on side of car park. Cross road and walk up hill towards the railway bridge. Turn left into Woodlands Road. Walk down hill and round left hand bend. No. 10 is on right only 50 yards from the first bend. Walk time is 5 minutes.
By road: Use Junction 2 not 1! This will avoid Lyndhurst. Join A35 from junction 2 of M27. Take sign A35 Lyndhurst/Ashurst. Continue 1 mile on A35 to Ashurst. Past shops on left; over railway bridge; turn right into Woodlands Road; go down slight hill and round left hand bend; gates on right hand side; name and number on gate post; down drive (100 yards). Good parking signed on left.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
Children welcome from age 10.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free