Add to shortlist button.
Our beautiful early last century home situated in the Hampshire village of Hythe. Ideally situated for exploring the New Forest National Park and beyond, The Maples (formerly known as The Maples Hotel) is a seven bedroom guesthouse, famous for its warm welcome and delicious home cooked breakfasts.
We offer a range of comfortable bedrooms; single, double, triple and family rooms, most with en-suite facilities. All rooms have luxurious crisp hotel quality Egyptian cotton bed linen, a flat screen television, tea and coffee making facilities, USB charging sockets and free Wi-Fi. We want your stay to be as memorable and comfortable as possible, so we’ve tried to add some extra special little touches.
We pride ourselves on our fresh and locally sourced breakfasts and offer any combination of a traditional Full English cooked breakfast, vegetarian options are also available upon request. A cold buffet with a variety of fruits, yogurts, cereals and a wide selection of jams and marmalade.
The Maples is a great base for exploring the surrounding area of outstanding natural beauty and there are plenty of things to see and do for all ages. A few ideas are listed in The Area, and also on our Workshop page we have links to some interesting workshops in the area.
If you’re new to the area, we would be delighted to point you in the right direction and provide local information and suggestions during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Maples in the near future.
SU 425078 50.86889 -1.39718
M27At junction 3, take the M271 (S) exit to Southampton/Docks. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exitTotton/Lyndhurst A35 Fawley (A326). Take the A35 exit on the right toward Totton/Lyndhurst/Fawley/A326 Continue onto Redbridge Flyover/A35. Continue straight onto Totton Bypass/A35 Totton (S & W), Lyndhurst, At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Marchwood By-Pass/A326. Merge onto Marchwood By-Pass/A326 via the ramp to Fawley/Hythe/Dibden. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Main Rd. Continue onto Southampton Rd. Turn left onto Mousehole Ln. Turn left onto South St. Turn right to stay on South St.Turn left onto St John's St. The Maples will be on the right
By public transport:
Bluestar 9: Southampton to Langley. Exit bus at St. John's Church, New Road, Hythe, The Maples is a short walk across the St John's carpark.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- High chairs available
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training