Top 10 romantic New Forest locations
This February 14, take your Valentine to the most romantic place in Britain - The New Forest.
Bursting with breathtaking views, beautiful places to stay, great food to eat and secret spots to spend time with the one you love most, the New Forest is perfect for making those Valentine memories…
1. Grab a photo beside the road-sign in the village of Lover (Ok, it’s pronounced ‘Lowver’, but no one will tell if you don’t.) But DO watch out for traffic.
2. Shelter beneath the ancient boughs of the Knightwood Oak – at 600 years old and more than seven metres round, it’s bound to bring the blessing of longevity to your relationship
3. Take time to experience the Crystal Steam Room at SenSpa in Careys Manor Hotel. Like being under multi-coloured starry, starry skies. And the extra bonus of being beautifully warm…
4.Treat them to the Tea Guild’s ‘Best Tea in Britain’ outside of London, at the Montagu Arms in Beaulieu – in this case the food of love will most definitely be the food!
5. Tell them you love them at the New Forest’s highest point, Piper’s Wait, near Bramshaw, Lyndhurst. They’ll feel on top of (this part of) the world!
6. Hire a retro VW Campervan from New Forest Safari Campers for the mini-trip of a lifetime
7. Stand atop the seven arches of the bridge spanning the River Avon at Fordingbridge
8.Walk the 1.5 miles from Milford-on-Sea to experience the lonely beauty of Hurst Spit. The castle won’t be open but you’ll be standing so far into the Solent you’ll feel you can touch the Isle of Wight.
9. Show them how ‘deer’ they are to your heart by taking them to the platform overlooking the Deer sanctuary at Bolderwood or the Red Deer sanctuary at Burley. Sightings cannot be guaranteed, but you’ll have fun looking.
10. Marvel at the opulent splendour of The Alhambra Room at Rhinefield House Hotel before enjoying lunch or dinner at this country house hotel.