New Forest Produce Recipes
With a variety of local produce to purchase in the New Forest, why not have a go at making yourself something yummy at home? We have a couple of recipes for you to try, so for those budding cooks this should tickle the taste buds.
Ripe summer fruit, meringue and cream have got to be the best combination of flavours and textures.
- 1 lb 450g strawberries hulled and roughly chopped
- About 3oz 75g meringues roughly broken but not crumbled
- ¾ pint (400ml) lightly whipped double cream or crème fraîche (or a mixture of both)
Gently combine all the ingredients and serve in a large glass bowl or individual glasses.
Use raspberries or a mix of strawberries and raspberries.
Line a cake or loaf tin with Clingfilm. Gently press the mixture into the tin. Freeze then remove from the tin and wrap. Remove from the freezer to the fridge half an hour before serving in slices.
Recipe kindly supplied by Judith Long
Asian Style New Forest Barramundi
- 2 fillets of New Forest Barramundi
- 2 sticks of lemon grass
- 1/2 small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1/2 clove of garlic finely grated
- 1/2 small fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 fresh chilli de-seeded ad finely chopped
- Sea salt to season
Place fish onto tin foil leaving enough foil to make a parcel, place other ingredients on top of fish. Close the foil loosely so as to allow the parcel to expand. Cook in a preheated oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 10 - 12 minutes. Serve in the foil so as to let the aroma of the dish tempt the taste buds!
In the summer this dish can be cooked perfectly on the BBQ
Recipes by newforestbaramundi.co.uk
Keep in touch
- Sign-up to receive news, offers and info on the New Forest