Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for The Shimmerings and book online
|Book through New Forest website||MAY
Availability updated on 23 May 17 at 08:57
The Shimmerings is a family run bed and breakfast in Ringwood, on the edge of the New Forest National Park, commanding fabulous views over the Poulner Lakes to the rear of the house. The unconventional split level design maximises the benefit of the rural setting.
Accommodation downstairs, comprises two double rooms, comfortably furnished, flat screen freeview TVs, WiFi, coffee/tea hospitality tray,centrally heated .
Keith and Lorraine have run a B&B in the Ringwood area for the past 26 years, most recently at the Shimmerings since 2011.
Upstairs: Guest Lounge / Breakfast Room has views over the lake and New Forest National Park.
Guests have full use of the garden to enjoy the evening sunset over the Lake observing the local wildlife, particularly the Carp and the Wild Ducks.
Children welcome from age 14.
Essex, United Kingdom
19 May 2017
“We stayed two nights in alovely peaceful room.”
The shimmering is a delightful B&b run by a friendly host .
The freshly cooked breakfast is served in a dinning room with beautiful views over the lake .
Our bedroom was clean and comfortable ,bathroom also very clean and all toiletries available.
Lorraine very friendly and helpful .will definitely recommend and we will book again without hesitation.
SU 158065 50.85780 -1.77688
From the A31 or the A338 follow the signs for Ringwood You will reach the main A31 RINGWOOD junction roundabout from the slip roads. Follow the signs to RINGWOOD B3347 . At the next roundabout take the first left Signposted to POULNER, travel along the old Southampton Road passing back over the A31 and at the second mini roundabout (1.m) turn left into GORLEY ROAD (by the White Hart Public House) Continue for 0.3 miles passing the Tesco Express store on right. After a further 0.3 miles turn left into North Poulner Road just before the 40 MPH New Forest sign. Continue for 0.2 miles, No 73, The Shimmerings, will be found on the right hand side.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
Children welcome from age 14.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 6Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours