Add to shortlist button.
The Shimmerings is a family run bed and breakfast in Ringwood, on the edge of the New Forest National Park, commanding fabulous views over the Poulner Lakes to the rear of the house. The unconventional split level design maximises the benefit of the rural setting.
Accommodation downstairs, comprises two double rooms, comfortably furnished, flat screen freeview TVs, WiFi, coffee/tea hospitality tray,centrally heated with newly refurbished shower rooms / toilet.
Keith and Lorraine have run a B&B in the Ringwood area for the past 26 years, most recently at the Shimmerings since 2011.
Upstairs: Guest Lounge / Breakfast Room has views over the lake and New Forest National Park.
Guests have full use of the garden to enjoy the evening sunset over the Lake observing the local wildlife, particularly the Carp and the Wild Ducks.
Children welcome from age 14.
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
12 April 2016
“very pleasant stay, welcoming and professional”
We used the B&B for a close location to activities. Clean and comfortable accommodation and a great selection for breakfast. Great cooked breakfast. Vast selection of leaflets for local activities. Free WiFi. No curfew to be back in the evening, felt very homely. Great location with lovely views. Very friendly and welcoming host. Would recommend.
Reply from The Shimmerings at 12 Apr 2016
Thank you very much and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us,hope to see you again one day..
SU 158065 50.85780 -1.77688
From the A31 or the A338 follow the signs for Ringwood You will reach the main A31 RINGWOOD junction roundabout from the slip roads. Follow the signs to RINGWOOD B3347 . At the next roundabout take the first left Signposted to POULNER, travel along the old Southampton Road passing back over the A31 and at the second mini roundabout (1.m) turn left into GORLEY ROAD (by the White Hart Public House) Continue for 0.3 miles passing the Tesco Express store on right. After a further 0.3 miles turn left into North Poulner Road just before the 40 MPH New Forest sign. Continue for 0.2 miles, No 73, The Shimmerings, will be found on the right hand side.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
Children welcome from age 14.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 6Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours