As you browse click on this symbol to add entries to your shortlist.
The print shortlist button generates a printable PDF showing full details of each entry in your shortlist.
The Shimmerings is a family run bed and breakfast in Ringwood, on the edge of the New Forest National Park, commanding fabulous views over the Poulner Lakes to the rear of the house. The unconventional split level design maximises the benefit of the rural setting.
Accommodation downstairs, comprises two double rooms, comfortably furnished, flat screen freeview TVs, WiFi, coffee/tea hospitality tray,centrally heated with newly refurbished shower rooms / toilet.
Keith and Lorraine have run a B&B in the Ringwood area for the past 26 years, most recently at the Shimmerings since 2011.
Upstairs: Guest Lounge / Breakfast Room has views over the lake and New Forest National Park.
Guests have full use of the garden to enjoy the evening sunset over the Lake observing the local wildlife, particularly the Carp and the Wild Ducks.
Children welcome from age 14.
Caldicot, United Kingdom
24 August 2015
“Another very comfortable business trip”
The Shimmerings is in a lovely quiet spot overlooking a lake but close enough to Ringwood for the amenities. Breakfasts are tasty with homemade jams and marmalades. The rooms are very comfortable with good facilities and wifi connection. Have been several times before and will happily return again as well as recommend to others.
SU 158065 50.85780 -1.77688
From the A31 or the A338 follow the signs for Ringwood You will reach the main A31 RINGWOOD junction roundabout from the slip roads. Follow the signs to RINGWOOD B3347 . At the next roundabout take the first left Signposted to POULNER, travel along the old Southampton Road passing back over the A31 and at the second mini roundabout (1.m) turn left into GORLEY ROAD (by the White Hart Public House) Continue for 0.3 miles passing the Tesco Express store on right. After a further 0.3 miles turn left into North Poulner Road just before the 40 MPH New Forest sign. Continue for 0.2 miles, No 73, The Shimmerings, will be found on the right hand side.
- Electric shaver points
- Laundry facilities
- Vegetarian diet available
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Central heating
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Television available
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
Children welcome from age 14.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 6Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours