Get ready for a warm weekend ahead and pick out the perfect ice cream spots across the New Forest! Or, treat yourself to another sweet treat – ideal for sharing with friends and family on a day full of sunshine.
Our top places for ice cream…
- On local high streets – If you visit our towns and villages, you will be sure to come across our wonderful high streets, filled with brilliant shops, eateries, galleries and more. Burley, Lyndhurst and Lymington are all very well known for their delicious ice cream shops and carts. From a simple tub with a couple scoops of your favourite ice cream to the whole shebang with a triple scoop in a waffle cone with sprinkles, sauce, toppings, the lot! Yum! Explore our towns and villages with an ice cream!
- In forest car parks – As you travel through the forest, you may see the delightful sight of an ice cream van located at some of our forest car parks. Offering ice lollies, the best pre-packaged ice creams and scoops of some of the best flavours, grab a cold treat and head out on a walking adventure through the forest and see what wildlife you can spot along the way.
- At the beach – Where better and more traditional to enjoy an ice cream than at the seaside? Get yourself a Mr Whippy with a flake, of course, then relax on the beach and take in the gorgeous coastal views with an ice cream in hand!
- Within pub gardens – Look at any pub’s dessert menu and you’ll see ice cream! Order a few scoops to enjoy while chilling out in delightful pub gardens with the sun shining down. We can’t think of many better ways to spend a sunny afternoon.
For more sweet treats…
- Head to Burley Fudge – Who could say no to a bag or 2 of tasty fudge? Not us! Especially with the incredible assortment of flavours at Burley Fudge. Boost your energy for your New Forest exploring, or take some home to savour!
- Try New Forest Shortbread – Award winning shortbread… it doesn’t get much better than that! You can grab New Forest Shortbread in local shops, including Minstead Community Shop, or order some online. Perfect with a cup of tea, or part of a picnic in the New Forest.
- Visit our cafes & tearooms – The New Forest is full of amazing cafes and tearooms, offering wonderful menus with lots of locally produced food, including homemade cakes, desserts and pastries. The cafes at our beaches are perfect for the summer months, sample a tasty treat at the Café at Calshot, with a selection of sweet snacks and spectacular views, or savour a selection of sweet treats at Lepe Country Park, their goodies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.