New Forest Car Parks
There are over 130 Forestry England car parks dotted around the New Forest.
There are plenty of car parks to use in the beautiful surroundings of the New Forest, so there’s no need to obstruct gateways with vehicles, or park on the grass verges. New Forest verges are protected habitats - they contain grasses, sedges and wildflowers, which are an important source of food and nectar for insects, plus areas of grazing for the free-roaming animals in the New Forest. Parking on verges is unauthorised and it is a criminal offence to knowingly damage these habitats.
The toilet facilities at Bolderwood, Blackwater, Whitefield Moor, Anderwood, Reptile Centre and Wilverley are all open. There are also alternative toilet facilities in nearby village car parks. Please note, Bolderwood and Reptile Centre facilities are currently closed due to works - August 2023.
We would urge people to help us protect the New Forest during this time by following the New Forest Code. Helping to keep the forest a safe place to visit requires us all to respect and look after it.
Please ensure to follow social distancing guidance and to behave responsibly when visiting.
For more information please visit Forestry England's website.
Our main Forestry England Car Parks :
- Bolderwood - SO43 7GE - what3words : ///tickets.picturing.intervene
- Blackwater - SO43 7QB - what3words : ///crawler.secure.respected
- Wilverley - BH25 5TZ - what3words : ///motivate.method.ghosts
- Knightwood Oak - SO43 7QB - what3words : ///insect.detained.cabbies
- Anderwood - SO43 4HT - what3words : ///dressings.acrobat.limitless
- Whitefield Moor - SO42 7QD - what3words : ///ideas.dinner.ascendant
- Bolton's Bench - SO43 7BQ - what3words : ///passenger.bulky.dance
- New Forest Reptile Centre - SO43 7GR - what3words : ///foresight.scorecard.plot
*Find out more about how you can use what3words to help navigate around the New Forest and find our more rural car parks much easier.
The Council parking service operates 51 car parks in total. These incorporate 1,438 short stay spaces, 4,671 long stay spaces and 257 disabled spaces. Please see below the general charges at most of these car parks:
£1.00 up to 1 hour
£2.00 up to 2 hours
£2.50 up to 3 hours
£3.00 up to 4 hours
£4.00 up to 5 hours
£5.00 up to 20 hours
Our main New Forest District Council Car Parks :
- Ashurst - SO40 7AR - what3words : ///card.abode.opts
- Beaulieu - SO42 7YE - what3words : ///shrubbery.renew.condense
- Brockenhurst - SO42 7RA - what3words : ///stubbed.goose.they
- Burley - BH24 4DJ - what3words : ///shielding.tablet.cities
- Fordingbridge - SP6 1AQ - what3words : ///blackbird.applies.carbonate
- Hythe - SO45 6DU - what3words : ///heat.commented.flames
- Lymington - SO41 9NA - what3words : ///essays.revised.grape
- Lyndhurst - SO43 7NY - what3words : ///lectures.tint.payout
- Milford on Sea - SO41 0PH - what3words : ///fence.receiving.attic
- New Milton - BH25 6NF - what3words : ///fidgeted.zones.bars
- Ringwood - BH24 1AT - what3words : ///bins.vocab.soccer
The New Forest National Park is a wonderful place to visit and you can help it stay that way by being a Forest-friendly visitor.
To avoid damage and obstruction, please park only in designated car parks, not on a verge or in gateways. Lock your car, taking any valuables with you and leave Forestry England car parks by dusk.