It’s said to be the most important meal of the day, boosting your energy and alertness for the rest of the day… plus it’s super delicious! Of course, we’re talking about breakfast (or brunch, too!). And luckily, the New Forest is the perfect place to enjoy a more interesting brekkie out and about, rather than having boring-old cereal and toast at home! So kickstart your day and treat yourself at one of our many cafes, tearooms and even pubs that have tempting breakfast menus!
Image - The Bell Inn
From the popular Full English Breakfast, an easy bacon bap or simple buttered teacake, to options that are even more exciting, including Eggs Benedict or Smashed Avocado on sourdough, fuel up on a tasty breakfast or brunch in the New Forest.
Here’s our top 8 places to go for breakfast and brunch in the New Forest (in no particular order!):
1. Farmyard Café – For a real taste of the New Forest at breakfast time! Farmyard Café is located at the wonderful Hockeys Farm near Ringwood, with a menu full of local produce, a recently refurbished indoor café and a farm shop and farm animals onsite too, it’s an ideal place to visit!
2. Steff’s Kitchen – From their big Beaulieu Breakfasts and toasted muffins with eggs, to their Little Rascals breakfasts – perfect for the kids, Steff’s Kitchen, located at Fairweathers Garden Centre, also strives to use local ingredients in their breakfasts, including local eggs and sausages.
Image - Steff's Kitchen
3. The Old Station Tearooms – Offering the best way to start your day, with their fantastic breakfast menu including a choice of popular breakfast options. Enjoy a wonderful breakfast or brunch before heading out for a walk in the New Forest, accessible directly from The Old Station Tearooms.
4. The Captain’s Table – Choose from a Full English, avocado on toast, easy eggs or a breakfast sandwich at this lovely café, which is located in the wonderful shipbuilding village of Buckler’s Hard on the Beaulieu River.
Image - The Captain's Table
5. The Cider Pantry – Perfect for breakfast and brunch in a tranquil setting! Stick with their traditional Pantry breakfast plates, or try something different with chilli avocado on a local sourdough or homemade waffles and vegan pancakes. You could even choose their double cider sausage sandwich – keeping in with the theme of the location of this tearoom being on a cider farm!
6. Woods Bikes and Brews Café – The place to go for heavenly brews and speciality drinks, homemade freshly baked buns, pastries and cakes and good vibes. Kick back, relax and enjoy delicious delights for breakfast, brunch or a morning treat at Woods Bikes and Brews Café.
Image - Woods Bikes and Brews
7. The Bell Inn – Served from 8am – 10am, decide what you fancy for breakfast from The Bell Inn’s mouth-watering menu, and enjoy unlimited tea and coffee, plus a choice from their continental station, all included in the price! This pub makes for a great location to fuel up before going on a walk or bike ride in the New Forest.
8. The Mortimer Arms – Another great country pub offering breakfast is The Mortimer Arms, located on the outskirts of the New Forest. With a delicious selection of breakfast options on their menu, it’ll be hard to make a choice of what to eat for the first meal of the day!
Image - The Mortimer Arms
There are many other fantastic options of places to enjoy hot and cold, big and light, breakfasts and brunches in the New Forest, in a wide variety of locations and surroundings. Take a look at our cafes and tearooms webpage for even more inspiration, and remember that many pubs offer breakfast and brunch menus too! Plus, if you stay at a local hotel or bed and breakfast, you will be sure to be in with a treat to start the day with a tasty local breakfast too!