The Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park is recognised as both a family attraction and a Conservation Centre for Rare Breed Heavy Horses. Don't miss out on this rare opportunity being one of the last Heavy Horse Parks left in Britain. It's living history!
This top rated attraction has been awarded TripAdvisor excellence award 7 years running and is guaranteed to entertain all ages, whether you are a family, grandparent or a young couple!
Learning how these Heavy Horses faithfully served man for thousands of years, from knights in armour, war, transporting goods up and down the country to farming and pulling barges and this all came to end during one generation in daily presentations and displays.
A separate timetable runs for both Adults and Children throughout the day and encourages a hands on experience!
- Home to over 20 Rare breed Heavy Horse, learn all about horses in our history in daily shows! Shires, Clydesdales, Ardennes, Suffolk Punch & Percheron
- A step back in time, travel around the park on a horse-drawn carriage ride and admire Dorset's
- Farm life, children can head around the park with the farm keeper feeding farm animals and collecting eggs!
- Cuddle bunnies & guinea pigs in pets corner
- Head down in the farmers garden for digging planting and pulling the crops learning about where our food comes from
- DRIVE a real farm tractor in the off-road area! AND Tractor & trailer rides down the valley
- Children will LOVE Pony grooming & pony rides
Exhibits to explore on the farm include:
-Static Canal display - learning how horses transported goods up and down the country by water
-Grains Hill Colony - learning about pit ponies working in the mines
-Vintage truck display - learn about road making in Britain and how trucks took over from horses (Industrial revolution)
-Romany and Showman's living wagons - Explore different cultures and the art of painting with talks delivered by one of the UK last wagon painters
- Visit the Blacksmiths and Harness makers to discover roles of men from days gone by
- New for 2018 WW1 trenches and french village discover the story of the war-horse!!
Plenty of play!
- Straw barns
- Go-cart arena
- Extensive play parks
- Pedal tractors
- Swing boats & vintage fairground rides
SUPERB VALUE - Make memories on this unique day trip!
Adults . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . £10.95
Children (3+) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £10.45
Little People (age 2). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £4.95
Concessions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .£10.45
Family Ticket (2 adults & 2 children) .. .£38.95
Because we are in a low signal area we cannot always guarantee our credit card machines will be working. So to save disappointment please make sure you have cash with you. We are sorry for the inconvenience this is a common problem for businesses in our area.
Best educational visit & best value in Dorset!
* Visit: www.dorset-heavy-horse-centre.co.uk Open 10am- 4pm from 30th March - 28th October. Closed Monday’s outside of school holidays. Open bank holidays. October open Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun and all of October half term. Find us: Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park, Edmondsham Road, Verwood, BH215RJ Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01202-824040
Open 1st April – 28th October.
Closed Mondays outside school holidays
Open bank holidays
October Open Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun & Half Ter
Rockbourne Roman Villa is a unique archaeological site and museum, situated in a peaceful...
Come and meet the wonderful animals at Hockeys Farm, including ponies, donkeys, sheep,...
Come and taste the different malted barleys, sniff the hops, see the fermentatious...
Liberty's is home to a large collection of birds of prey and reptiles. Observe the birds...
Breamore House was completed in 1583 and looks today much as it would have done to its’...
It's really three parks in one, with Adventureland and Wonderland outside and the Wild...
Take a Tractor and Trailer ride in Burley Park to see the Red Deer. Tickets, fruit and...
Bolderwood is situated in the heart of the New Forest along the Ornamental Drive.
Woodland walks and Nursery open to the public all year round (except Christmas Day,...
You can watch this genuine farmhouse cheese being made on the farm with milk from our...
Knightwood Oak which is also known as the ‘Queen of the forest’ and is over 500 years old.
This delightful, informal garden was established in 1922 and is renowned for its all year...
A Date with Nature based at the New Forest Reptile Centre, near Lyndhurst is open seven...
Ideal for somewhere to picnic or play games this extensive sunny site, with easy walks...